TAFIT is back again! The Teacher Foundation and Times Foundation are happy to announce the Teacher Awards For Innovative Teaching – 2014. These awards will be presented on 5 October, International Teachers Day 2014 at a special ceremony in Bangalore.
Teaching today, more than ever before, is a complex endeavour. It makes several, often conflicting demands on the teacher – sound knowledge of subject matter; enthusiasm, a caring attitude, and a love of learning; a competence in classroom management techniques, formative assessment, differentiated instruction, and a desire to make a difference in the lives of young people. With all these qualities required, it's no wonder that it's hard to find good teachers. And the good teachers we find must be celebrated!
A great teacher motivates his or her pupils to learn better using innovative strategies. TAFIT accordingly aims to recognize and acknowledge these great ideas tried by teachers in their classrooms. We are looking out for teachers who demonstrate exceptional subject knowledge, inspiring teaching methodologies, innovative use of technology, assessment and authentic pupil learning.
We invite you to nominate a maximum of two teachers from your school for TAFIT.
Scope of the Award
TAFIT has been instituted to recognize high quality and innovative teaching in schools. The award aims to honour teachers who inspire students to learn.
- TAFIT is open to serving / practising school teachers in the state of Karnataka.
- The nominee should be currently teaching at the pre-primary, primary or secondary level (up to Class 10 only)
Number of Awards: 36 (as detailed below)
|Category of School||Teaching Level||Subjects||Number of Awards|
|Up to Class 10|| |
Nomination and Submission of Entries
# Mailing Address
Nominations must be submitted in the given proforma (You can download the performa from here) either in hard copy or by email to:
The Teacher Foundation
34/10, Yellappa Chetty Layout,
Off Ulsoor Road, Bangalore 560042
(Please mention TAFIT 2014 in the subject line)
# Submit a Mini-Portfolio
- Nominees are required to submit a mini-portfolio showcasing three innovative ideas in teaching, learning or assessment. Ideas must be described in about 300 words and accompanied by at least three samples of evidence of the idea having been implemented in class – in the form of photographs, video clips, student feedback, school head's or peer feedback and a self-reflection on what makes the idea innovative for you.
- The mini-portfolio may be submitted as a hard or a soft copy using a CD, pen drive or via Drop Box.
- If being sent electronically, the mini-portfolio must be clearly labelled with the details of the nominee.
- The Teacher Foundation will not be responsible for lost entries. Incomplete entries will be automatically disqualified.
Shortlisting and Panel Interview
- Shortlisted candidates will be intimated and will be required to attend a panel interview at Bangalore. (Travel and accommodation arrangements must be made by the respective
schools/teachers. We regret there will be no reimbursement for travel and accommodation expenses.)
- Last date for submission of nomination forms and mini-portfolio: 15 September 2014
- Intimation to shortlisted candidates for Panel Interview: 25 September 2014
- Award Ceremony: 5 October 2014
TAFIT is an annual award, constituting a Certificate of Excellence. The award ceremony will be held at Bangalore. Winners will be required to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
Terms and Conditions
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Nominated teachers can apply only under one level and subject category.
- Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery of the portfolio
- The Teacher Foundation shall not be held liable for loss of any entry, for any reason whatsoever.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated with details for the panel interview
- All matters relating to TAFIT will be managed by The Teacher Foundation including the shortlisting of candidates and the panel interview.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
Please contact Ms. Anita David or Ms. Roopa Kishen at 080-41131930 for any further information or clarifications.